Monday, November 17, 2008

The death of destructive innovation

I have alot of things that I can write about in this blog including my sisters marriage, my new position at work, food poisoning and blood letting. But what I am going to talk about today is destructive innovation and how everyone is out to destroy it.
Fact is, we need destructive innovation. We need to see entrepreneurship at work and we need to see how we respond to adverse situations. If during our bleakest hour all we can think about is saving the rich then the bad guys don't need to win. The global economy will shrink, we all know that. The next couple of years will be tough for nearly everyone. I say nearly because someone always figures a way to make profits. Even now, the companies that sell canned, frozen foods are making a killing. Gun companies are doing really well and "Living off the land for dummies" will be on best sellers list shortly. So where am I going with all of this, My view on the matter is that you can't bail everyone out and if you are willing to bail out the big boys for making bad mistakes than why not the little guys? Little guys can be just as stupid as the big guys. There is something to the argument that if the big guys fall more people will fall with them, but even if the big guys stay standing there will be massive layoffs and people won't see things getting better if the monopolies stand as is. Bailing out the little guys will be harder logistically but it might be better in the long run. I'm not entirely sure where I am going with this rant but I believe that destructive innovation is a powerful force for the betterment of humanity in the long run, and just to be clear "I believe" is not the same as "I know", there are very few things in life that I know and alot of things I believe in.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ab said...

Is Saudi Arabia bailing anyone out?

5:07 AM  
Blogger syed said...

The IMF.

12:00 AM  
Blogger ab said...

What is your take on the attack in India?

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo happy birthday fool! I tried calling but your crazy Saudi phone won't respond...will try again in a bit, hope it's not too late by now.

And now for your birthday gift:

http://i40.tinypic.com/1e7z92.jpg

:)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home