Wednesday, June 21, 2006

parents

So after parent bashing in my last post, here is a gushy mooshy one about parents.
Dad & mom have always been the glue in my & my siblings life. They keep us held together, when they are gone who will keep tabs on everyone and make sure we actually have a family life? I mean they had the same thing while their parents were around they had a place where the entire family would gather. Now its like everyone for themselves which is what it will eventually come down to for all of us. It will be a very sad and lonely day when their generation passes on as all generations eventually do.
So work has been looking up a bit though I hate having to deal with nepotism. In Saudi Arabia its mostly who you know and not what you know. To hell with qualifications and ability, if you are related to me you get the job. All this resentment stems from my current predicament.
I was told to use a specific software company, the company just happened to be related to my boss's family. The contact person can't communicate in english. (in any meaningful way atleast) Here is sample, I had asked if they had a standard software requirement specification elicitation document.
what do you mean...do you mean if we have any requirement specifications for the system??
If yes No... Just UNIX or any BSD system with web server (ie apatche) and php core installation for unix...avaiable at...
God help me, I'm supposed to explain software requirement specification to them now. Here is a link to site I will probably use.
http://www2.ics.hawaii.edu/~johnson/413/lectures/5.2.html
Its a good site and it more or less follows pressman's software engineering 5th edition.
enough ranting, back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiat said...

You should have asked them to take software engineering class with Barbara, or whatever the name of the professor!

7:15 AM  
Blogger syed said...

haha, she was a good prof.

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara Wallace, you twits. I knew you weren't paying attention in class...

(Yet ironically, I'm the one who ended up with the B. Me, the guy who did the whole f-ing project. Life's a b****, but you gotta roll with it.)

(I love the fact that I can swear at other people's blogs. It's like wiping snot off on other people's sofas when you'd have a heart attack if anyone did that to you.)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home