Monday, June 26, 2006

higher standards

So I have been trying to figure out why I have such a hard time making new friends in saudi arabia, I think it comes down to one thing basically. I am very choosy about who I talk to and who I don't talk to. An example to illustrate the problem, my brother goes to the same gym as me, infact I have been going there for about 2 months longer then him. In 1 month he makes 5 friends in the gym while I don't know a single person at there. I think I know what it is, at IIT I had such great friends and people to hangout with that now I automatically assume no one will live upto those standards. Darn you IIT for spoiling me with great friends. Have I become an elitist? When I got to Chicago everyone there was like me, trying to fit in and find new friends. That was the great thing about the freshman floor and part of the reason I always choose to be an ra for freshman. We all went through the same things, shared the same sense of humor, saw the same movies.. it's hard to find replacements who share all those things with you. So maybe it's not elitism but rather a cultural thing. I would like to sit down with someone and watch family guy and not have to explain why Stewie hates his mother, or why marge has blue hair. Is that asking too much ? I want someone who would understand why Chicago Bulls will be the only team I will support in basketball no matter how many times they loose in the playoffs. well enough of my self pity back to porgramming in perl and figuring out why it won't see my directory properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home