Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bangalore

The trip has been fine so far. The best thing about being in India is that there are no separate lines for the foreigners and people who belong to this country. i.e. Indians. Every place I have been to so far. i.e. Every country, has had a separate line for different people. There is an American only line in America, a Saudi only line in Saudi Arabia, a UAE only line in UAE, but there is no such thing as a Indian only line in India. This is really amazing :-). All Indian airports have this distinctive smell, not necessarily a bad smell. It is a unique smell though, oh and before I forget for the first time since 9/11 I wasn't picked for a random search whilst traveling.
Things to do today
1. Buy a map
2. Buy a sim card
3. Check out the gym near the apartment I'm staying in.
4. Get in touch with my aunts & uncles and arrange a time to meet up.
5. Maybe find a place to get Salsa classes ? I might end up making a fool of myself but what the heck.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Syed
Have a nice trip. Metblogs should be a good guide for you.
http://bangalore.metblogs.com/

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long are you going to be there Syed?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Uzair said...

Ah yes, Bangalore, the world's capital for salsa dancing...

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://blogpourri.blogspot.com/2006/08/salsa-new-in-thing-in-bangalore.html

Uzair how did you know ;-)

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long are you going to be there?

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was nearly freaking out at the prospect of not hearing from you for 3 weeks. i'm so glad that you are blogging while in bangalore! oh, and congratulations on not being picked for random check! how does it feel? :) you mentioned before that your mom might go with your, but it sounds like you ended up going alone after all, yes?
salsa!!! how cool!! you'll have to teach me when you come visit. seriously, i'll take you out, you'll teach me salsa, deal?
p.s. like how i'm stickign with the anonymous status? :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger syed said...

Uzair, thanks for the wishes and the help, I am looking at the blogs right now.
Yin, thanks for the help. I will be here for about 3 weeks.
If I was at the world capital for salsa dancing I wouldn't have the guys to go to an introductory class.
Kiat, 3 weeks or so.
Anonymous, :-)
great to hear from you on the blog, If I can learn it in 3 weeks I would love to teach you, but I doubt 3 weeks will be enough to learn anything useful, yinyogi might correct me here seeing how she used to teach Salsa. But I will take you up on that deal anyways.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem to you Syed, I had this guy who came to about two classes, didn't really pick much up at all, but subsequently used his moves to pick up women all over the place! Not saying that this is your motivation, but in three weeks you will definitely pick up some moves! Don't forget to practice in your bedroom too!

3:22 AM  
Blogger syed said...

for some reason I don't see myself pulling a napolean dynamite here. Anyone else remember the dance scene?

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home