Monday, November 20, 2006

Privitisation of democracy.

So this is how democracy works nowadays. A bunch of people get together and pay for someone to run for office. If he gets enough money and he gives enough bribes to the right people, he wins !
now, it would be nice if it all ended here and everything would be great, but the people who paid good money to get this guy elected want a return on their investment, with interest. So the guy who got elected has to give back to the "community" making sure the people who helped him out are the first in line when he is giving back to the community. You might ask, where is all this comming from? I was at a dinner party a couple of days ago. There was an Ambassador, many rich business men & the minister of education present. Why was I there? I have no idea, amongst all the suits I was in a sweat shirt and dirty jeans. lots of fun :-)
Any who, if I never get invited back I don't think I will have lost anything. I will be leaving for Banglore today, I will be sure to write a complete blog of my experiences on this trip. Its gonna be tough working on a vacation but I am sure I will manage somehow. Wish me best of luck for the trip. After all the horor stories I have heard about Air India and the Bombay airport (I have a connecting flight to bangalore) I will be happy if I just get onto the plane. ps I trimmed my beard for the trip, since its no fun getting picked out for "random" security checks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and take care!

Angeliki

9:35 AM  
Blogger Uzair said...

So what you're trying to say is that democracy doesn't work when everyone's vote isn't counted equally? Yes.

Hope you get some good weather down there...and if you bring one thing back, make it an Indian accent ;)

4:52 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Thanks Angeliki :-) it's good to know you still come around here.
Uzair: I am really worried about that, I think my "american" accent is one reason why I was hired in Saudi Arabia. If I loose that I will have to go back to the us for another 6 years to get it back.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home