Thursday, November 02, 2006

Skiing in Dubai

For the past three days I was in Dubai participating in a Motorola workshop. This trip included many firsts for me. I met an author for the first time in my life, Paul Golding, an author and mobile technology guru from UK and for the first time in my life I went skiing in the desert. Other things I did for the first time, I went to a club by myself for the first time and realized I really am not cut out for going to clubs by myself. They are just too weird, plus I don't have the kind of confidence needed to go talk to someone new in a club. So I went there spent 10 minutes at the club feeling out of place and went back to my hotel room to read a book.
Meeting Paul was amazing, the guy has to be one of the smartest person I have met. He reads about 3-4 books in a week and his views on politics, religion, sociology and technology are inspiring. In other news my friend who I keep referring to as Anonymous keeps telling me how being anonymous is annoying. Atleast that's what I think she said :-)
The trip to dubai was fun, they keep putting up new sky scrapers every time I go there. At Burj Dubai, the new one they are building, they keep adding a new floor every 3 days. Dubai is named crane city after the number of cranes that inhabit the city. I'm feeling a bit under the weather and my parents are in Dammam again so I will go grab lunch and head back home. Hopefully I will be able to hit the gym later today.

3 Comments:

Blogger syed said...

Thanks Sara, It's great to be back. (takes a bow)
I wasn't really skiing in the sand, they have an artificial indoors ski dome.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Uzair said...

Dang, I missed out on the skiing-in-Dubai experience even though my sister lives like 5 minutes from that mall and we went a couple of times...the desert safari/sand skiing wasn't bad though.

12:25 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Skiing was cool, I will have to try the sand skiing thing sometime. When do you think you will be in Dubai next ?

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home