Wednesday, September 20, 2006

quote of the day

The best thing I heard today was something my friend Bill said "Everytime he says hi I feel like killing myself". There are moments that you can look back on and it always brings a smile to your face. One such occasion was when I was in small pizza place on staten island the weekend before I left ny. I had a couple of friends from college come down to say goodbye and we shared quite a few jokes about the old times and some about the current times. I can think back to that and it always bring a smile to my face. Similarly, everytime I will think of Bill saying that line I will smile.
In other news, people from work are going to China for a training course and I don't get to go. Might not sound like a big deal but I really wanted to go, so did Bill. He is after all Chinese and has been home sick for a while. But thank you government officials for loosing his travel papers at exactly the right time. I was told I would be going on the this trip too, I guess I am not good enough to learn about the new technology... I'm feeling particularly happy right now.(note: that was a sarcastic comment) Oh, well the good news is I plan to leave the company sooner rather than later. Pity too, there are some nice people here. The people being sent are scared of being outside the country. I mean come on, this would be an exciting trip where you would get to learn about a different culture. I wonder if it is xenophobia ? probably, seeing how they think low of people that are not Arabs. Anyways, back to reading about the FIX protocol.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Kiat said...

what do they get to learn?

7:59 AM  
Blogger sara said...

I believe the experience makes the man, by being subjected to such conduct it only gives you a better understanding of what you are capable of enduring. If you choose to leave they win, simple as that, they have gained enough power to manipulate you, but by withstanding and refusing to budge it empowers you. I know what im talking about about

8:59 AM  
Blogger syed said...

Kiat: A new software my company is using called live desktop. It was for a project I really wanted to be a part of.
Sara: I think I need to schedule a session with you. ;-)

11:25 PM  
Blogger sara said...

haha I am starting to sound quite like a therapist, but all in good intentions…
but I am a sucker for nostalgia, I love looking back at the good times when im at my worst times because it comforts me and assures me that I’ll be alright

1:30 AM  
Blogger syed said...

that is comforting to know, like that time I was a one handed man hanging of a cliff with a scratchy butt. oh wait... that one didn't end too well.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Yo momma said...

I'm so glad you point out the sarcasm in your comments, I might miss it otherwise.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live desktop? Sounds like remote access to me...

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home