Thursday, August 24, 2006

Plans for today

Parents are in Dammam for a day, brother and sister went with them so I have the house to myself for most of the day. Once I get back from work I will have to take care of myself. Scary thought, last time I had the house to my self I was in high school and had my high school exams comming up. Unfortunately I don't know enough people in Riyadh to throw a house party so I will probably grab lunch at Faisaliyah or maybe I will go to Kingdom towers... Interesting I just considered having lunch at the two tallest buildings in Saudi Arabia talk about your high tastes. There is a restaurant on the 11th floor of Faisaliyah towers that has a pretty good lunch buffet and it's cheap, considering the location. So I will go to lunch, grab a bottle of orange juice for dinner and spend the day indoors. I might have to take a few family friends out today but I really don't want to. I promised to take them out yesterday so I guess I should. The rest of the day will be spent with T.V. and the computer. I might do a little reading, but I won't kid myself, compared to the computer reading comes in a solid 2nd. T.V. comes in 3rd, but the ability to turn off your brain while watching T.V. is great and you can control it like nothing else on the planet. You have a remote that changes channels, controls the volume, can turn it off, turn it on and do lots more. I mean who invented the remote? Such an amazing thing... I wonder if we can make something like that for people too. It would be nice to mute some people or just turn down the contrast so you can hear them but won't have to see them.. Or better yet turn them off and turn them on when you are good an ready to deal with them. This song kicks ass Trans-Siberian Orchestra feat. Metallica - Carol of the Bells. I know it's a Christmas song ,but if you are in NY during the winter and stop by Rockefeller Center there is a place, I think it's Macy's but I might be wrong, that has a light show co-ordinated with that song. It was very cool, not to mention cold, last winter when I played host to friends who came to NY and we went there almost every day. I love tuna, I used to hate it before I went to Chicago but after eating it for about 6 years I have come to love it. So even though I am in Saudi Arabia where all the meat is supposed to be halal, Muslims eat halal food just like Jews eat Kosher, I still find myself getting tuna sandwitches everywhere. Sad but true, Tuna is my new chicken. But I have to get my protien from somewhere and being a vegetarian is not an option in an Indian family. If you saw the movie "My big fat greek wedding" I would like to draw your attention to the part of the movie where the girl tells her aunt that her husband to be is a vegetarian and so, he doesn't eat meat. The aunt says, what do you mean you don't eat no meat? Everyone in the house looks at him like he is an alien. Something similar would happen in my house if I ever tried to turn vegetarian. Btw, if sea food is so good for you why are whales so big?

14 Comments:

Blogger $uper MO said...

LOOOL...
God bless the inventor of the remote control. Hear this, it's sad but true: if I couldn't find the remote then I don't watch T.V! Seriously, it's torture!

Isn't tuna considered meat?!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kiat said...

mmm tuna... it's always been my favorite! though it always bother me to read about mercury level in fish nowadays:\ seems like the only thing that you feel safe of eating is by not eating anything!

8:26 AM  
Blogger syed said...

Tuna is meat, but I guess it's a better source of protein so I find it more acceptable. We have
Fish: Mercury poisning
Beef: Mad cow disease
Fowl: Bird Flu
So stick to your carrots and peas. Atleast it won't kill you.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Kiat said...

for veges, you forgot about:
pesticide or genetically engineered..

so yes We basically can't eat anything...
even breathing is harmful since there's air polution

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are a bundle of optimism aren't you?

Should've called this post 'Home Alone'...

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a Saudi house party like?

6:41 PM  
Blogger syed said...

The great news is that I have gained about 20-30 lbs from my position in ny. This means I am getting enough calories to fuel my workout but it also means that all the energy not used it depositing itself around my stomach as fat. At one point I could see the formation of a six pack.
I have decided to go on the air diet with Kiat since nothing is safe to eat anymore.
A Saudi house party is very weird, people sit around drinking coffee in litte cups and talking about camels and sand. The coffee is really strong and one cup is about the equivalent of an espresso shot.

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breatharian

3:10 AM  
Blogger Kiat said...

Probably I am not in the position of demanding, but oh well "Post something already would you?!"

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a holy day Kiat? :p

2:43 AM  
Blogger Kiat said...

to {
no:P

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay..

8:56 AM  
Blogger syed said...

how come you don't get monday off kiat ?

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's holiday you meant??
then yes I did get a day off on Monday!

*stupid blogger beta doesn't allow me to post my comment on non-beta blog!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home