Sunday, February 03, 2008

H1 approval

So after I give up completely on going back to the UnitedSstates, my H1 visa gets approved. Very weird, it's almost as if they were waiting for me to give up all hope and then they approve it. I found a decent job in Riyadh , got a car, got a house, got a big screen tv, got a wii and now they tell me I can go back. I'm not sure I want to go back now... I mean is there a special place in hell for people who are never satisfied? Because if there is than I will sure as hell, pun intended, end up there. I don't want to spend the rest of my life thinking "what if?" but I also don't want to give up what I have here, Riyadh, either. Bah, decisions decisions, I might go back to get an MBA. I would love to get a masters degree in mathematics, not sure if it's on the cards though. My less than stellar undergrad GPA would bar me from all but the most lowly of colleges, unless of course work experience and those GMAT, GRE exams help. I'm thinking of taking the GRE, but what would be the point? I already have a good enough GMAT score. I mean education is a business, right? I should be able to get in if I'm willing to pay, right? I asked someone at Columbia if I could do their part time distance thingy and they said I should apply. Same degree as a normal Columbia student and everything. I guess international experience counts. Oh well, I'm going to try to stop thinking about it for a while and enjoy the super bowl tonight. Companies were paying 2.3 Million $ for 30 seconds for ad airtime in last years super bowl, I wonder what insane amount it will be this year?
On a totally different note, I think with the way Bush is handling the economy/budget will make sure that no one will want to move to the United States in the future. All that money spent on border security & fancy fences will be rendered useless if no one wanted to get in because the economic conditions were bad. I read this article on this kid from California who spoke fluent mandarin, I think I will make my kid, if I ever have one, learn Mandarin, Hindi, English and Afrikaans. Why Afrikaans? well... why not?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kiat said...

Everyone else is dying to just to get in line for the H1B application, and you got it. Think it through, think it well before you say no.

And what's up with the big TV, car and a house? You are thinking the average Joe American!

7:48 AM  
Blogger ab said...

Average Joe American here. I do not have a big TV (unless you think 20 inches is big), I have a car, and do not own a house. I realize I am lucky, but America isn't that great. There are lots of opportunities here, but we are increasingly becoming a police state.

Good to see you have Internet access Syed. There was news that Mideast Internet access had been crippled.

4:49 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Kiat: I haven't said no just yet, I will think about it for a while and actually I'm thinking like the average Indian now.
Chance: Internet has been a bit on the slow side but nothing too bad. I think India and Dubai were the worst hit by the outage. I am surprised the cables don't have a mechanism that allows them to find where the damage was, quite surprising, even I can think of a simple embedded mechanisms for testing cable segments.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D A N T E !!! ha ha I finally found the link to Syed's blog.

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

the GRE is based on a TrueSkill ranking system. Nothing you can't beat.

3:47 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Haha, good to see you on here cruci, I think I will punch through the GRE, like a lazzzer.

11:19 PM  
Blogger ab said...

Cruciform has to be Gabe. Anywho, Syed, I moved my blog to http://mygisadventures.blogspot.com/ (same blog, just a different addy). Check this song out if you want- http://media.kcrw.com/podcast/enc/audio/tu/tu080213Cheb_I_Sabbah_-_Qala.mp3 .

-The Great White Evil (GWE)

8:04 AM  
Blogger ab said...

Subscribing to comments.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUCK IT SYED -- KOBE'S WIFE IS HOT.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home