Monday, September 24, 2007

Red Card

Usually I'm a nice guy, I don't yell and scream and cuss people out. But sports usually bring out the worst in me. I am a horrible looser and during the game if my team isn't doing well I just get more and more tense till I usually snap. This is exactly what happened the other day during my soccer game. My team wasn't doing so well, which is putting it nicely. Our mid field lacked a certain "omph" and thus our game really suffered. We were loosing 2-0 and I was already really tense because our star forward had just missed a penalty, the ensuing goalie kick came straight at me and I chested ball down and already had a pass in mind when I got taken down from behind. Usually I would have let the ref deal with the him but the guy who took me down had
1. Taken me down from behind injuring my right ankle in the process.
2. Scored their teams last goal.
3. Was generally being a jerk on the field.
so I started cussing him out, which went something like " You *insert explicative here*, you are supposed to be kicking the *explicative* ball not me!, are you *explicative, explicative, explicative etc *?" needless to say the ref gave him a yellow card for taking me down and gave me a red for swearing up a storm on the field. Eventually we lost 4-0 and I really felt bad for cussing the guy out so as soon as the game was over I went over and shook hands with every member of their team, shook hands with the ref and went home thinking about every move I made / should have made during the game. Spent about 2 hours in bed with an adrenaline high and finally went to sleep around 4 am. The rest of the week was pretty boring but busy so I don't see much point in writing about it. I'm still limping and can't go to the gym because I can't warm up. So, I got the house painted instead of working out and you guys can expect photos really soon.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiat said...

Well one way or another, don't cry like you used to my friend :-)

funny, I had a minor sprain on my left ankle yesterday while playing basketball...

8:21 AM  
Blogger ab said...

The guy deserved it.

10:52 AM  
Blogger syed said...

heck, crying was the last thing on my mind, but now that you mention it.. sniff sniff.
You are right Chance, the guy did deserve it, but I should have let the ref deal with him.

12:15 AM  
Blogger ab said...

Ah, c'mon. Soccer justice!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat marketing[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood ways to produce an income online.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home