Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of july and more random thoughts

So I just bought a new book titled "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" Great book so far, even though it is about grammar. Has anyone ever wished they could capture all their thoughts and put them away for review later? I mean wouldn't it be great if we could get a short list of our best thoughts from the day? I think this should be made into an IPRO project at IIT. The IIPRO projects at IIT, my college, were anything but interesting. For one I had to sit in class and come up with a market research for my professors consulting company. Yay ! how exciting,

Ever wonder if there was more to life, I mean you spend most of your childhood years looking forward to being a grown up because it was would be so cool, but now that I'm at 25 I spend time thinking about how cool it was being a kid. The human condition I guess, sad huh. I wonder if I will ever be satisfied with what I have. There is almost always a reason to complain, always a reason to be sad.

On the bright side of things I will be running 7km's today. I finished harry potter and the half blood prince. Here is a spoiler for everyone, Harry is going to die in the next book.

Enough ranting, a friend of mine was watching Monty Python and the holy grail, man I wish I were back in Chicago. Though if I had my friends here I wouldn't really miss Chicago. I have always thought it was the people and not the place. NY was good because I learnt how to be alone without being lonely. As long as I had a good book, good music, choco puffs I was fine with being alone. What do chinese fire crackers, chinese beer and hot dogs have to do with American Independence day? What does the a bunny and colored eggs have to do with easter & cruxifiction? What do WMD's have to do with the invasion of Iraq?

Back to work... I am in the middle of a political battle at work between the marketing manager and assistant general manager, each trying to prove to the general manager that they are more vital to the organization. I don't really know if I care to take sides on this one. I would have preferred a good old fashioned duel between them myself. Take 10 steps turn and fire. Last man standing is more important to the organization because the other is well.. not around to complain anymore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you're such a moron. You never told me you had a blog.

I like the fact that this is totally uninhibited, Syed-shooting-from-the-hip stuff. I hope you keep that up -- blogs are awesome as braindumps, and that's what I'm trying to use mine for...

(Note, I swore in one of my other comments...I politely asterisk'd it out, but if this blog is being viewed by potential rishtas or sumfink, let me know ;))

5:17 PM  
Blogger syed said...

hahaha, thanks. I know I should have informed you about the blog.
If it is being viewed by potential rishta's then they would have to learn to respect ma authorata. Or atleast get to know my friends as well.

12:26 AM  
Blogger yinyogi said...

Cool blog Syed. I hope Harry won't die but I think you're right! And yes it was a lot better being a kid... you should sus out www.theplayethic.com ... kind of along that way of thinking

Y

1:13 AM  
Blogger syed said...

Thanks, that website rocks. I'm going to forward it to some of my friends.
focusing your life on playing sounds like a much better :)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home