Saturday, August 25, 2007

Match fixing

A big problem in the world of sports is match fixing, People get into all sorts of trouble because of it, and a lot of people loose money while making bets. I have the perfect solution to the match fixing problem. Make it legal. That's right, if match fixing is legal no one can bet on anything, there is no motivation to place bets on it, since it's fixed anyways. These are the kinds of thoughts I have when I'm fielding in a cricket match in 50 degrees (Celsius) heat. Cricket was fun, my team lost and I didn't make a permanent spot for myself. I guess I should stick to what I'm good at, running. Not much of a sport as far as teams go, but I am good at it. Any who, back to work.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kiat said...

but then, for those of us that don't bet on the games, it lost the meaning of watching a live game.

This is like in order to kill all the parasites you can potentially get from eating a fish by killing all the fish. You solve the parasite problem but you can't eat fish either.

6:47 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Not exactly, as soon as it becomes legal to fix matches nobody will want to fix matches anymore because they can't make any money from betting on it because it's fixed. The plan is flawless (Famous last words)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Kiat said...

Points taken. But what fun is it to watch a game and know who's going to win/lose from the beginning?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kiat said...

Of course that applies to the beginning when game fixing is legalized.

But then when nobody's fixing the match, gambling will start again.

This is like cleaning one side of the street and the other side starts getting dirty. Infinite loop...

12:25 PM  
Blogger syed said...

Maybe, maybe not, I still want to try it. I'm willing to take money to throw a game ;)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever watch professional wrestling while you were over here? That's pretty much the philosophy there. But it doesn't work because people don't know which way the match is fixed towards, so they still bet. Except now you're betting on who the league organizer hates most or which owner buys off the other owner etc. It can be almost an exhilirating, but professional wrestling sucks.

Hi Syed.

1:56 PM  
Blogger syed said...

you're right Brian, I am going to invent full contact chess, where the players have managers, and the managers can buy out pieces of the opposing side. The pieces will actually be monkeys dressed up in customs.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home