Thursday, November 30, 2006

The perfect job


So this is an idea I had while writing a email to a friend. One of the greatest jobs has to be being a bicycle richsaw driver. You get excercise, plenty of "fresh" air, get to meet different kinds of people, its a form of public service and after about 2 years of this you can win the tour de France about 10 times in a row. I am going to apply to my local rickshaw driver association for a license and see what happens. In other news it's getting cold here and I will be wearing one the sweaters my mom insisted I take with me even though I protested and moped about it till I got on the airplane. I guess mum does know best but, please don't tell her I said that.
rats I knew I wanted to write about something else but I just can't think about it right now. Oh yeah, Bangalore is quite the mix of life styles, you have the ultra modern office buildings owned by big corporations like CAT, SAP, IBM, Infosys etc and right across from them are the shanties where people are living in slums. I wonder how long such a clash of lifestyles can exist next to each other. I mean there has to be a tipping point before such inequality has to lead to something ugly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of having those McDonald franchise in China. On one hand you have people that barely make the month; yet on the other hand, people are paying for the overpriced burgers and fries that might cost them the entire month salary. How's that making any sense?

7:52 AM  
Blogger syed said...

It doesn't make any sense, How about this one, people building houses they wil never be able to afford to live in. Anyways, I guess thats how it has always been and always will be.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home